Art Can Be Anything - The Art of Cooking

Blog All About It April - Art
So this month, the prompt is art, and I gotta tell you; I DO NOT DRAW. Like at all. The closest I get to drawing is colouring in occasionally and when I have to draw for school stuff. I'd like to be a good artist but I'm not and I'm okay to accept that. While drawing is fun sometimes, I'm a writer inside.
So I had NO good ideas on what to do in my blog post. NONE. I came up with a couple shit ones like posting my favourite fan art, attempting to draw from tutorials or posting art my friends drew. I have some pretty artsy friends, but they wouldn't want to share. Or just finding art I liked and sharing it with you guys. 
But art can be anything, right?
Okay so, tempted as I am to share my poems, my art form, I won't. 
And because I can't think of anything else-
Cooking is art too!!!!
So let me share some of my fave recipes!


Okay, because I'm a babbler. I'm really a fan of simple things - give me a salad with wraps or pitta any day - but obviously, I can't just tell you how to make my favourite salad or my favourite way to make Mexican. So today I am going to tell you a recipe to make;


Raw Vegan Blueberry & Lime Cheesecake!
Sounds nice, huh? Well, it is! I'll teach you how to make it!

Ingredients

For the base
1/2 cup almonds
3/4 cup walnuts or pecans (I used a mixture)
1 cup dates
A splash of water

For the cheesecake layer
2 1/4 cups cashews (raw)
1 lime, juiced
1 cup blueberries
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted

Make it!

(First, you need to soak the cashews overnight!)

The base
Mix the base ingredients in a blender until sticky crumbles form.
Press crust into a parchment lined 7 or 8 each pan

The lime cheesecake layer
Blend the cashews (now soaked, drained and rinsed) in a food processor until smooth.
Add lime juice, vanilla and maple syrup and blend again. Add melted coconut oil. And blend. Taste and add more sweetener, if needed.
Add a little less than half of this onto the crust, evenly spread.
But the cheesecake into the freezer for about 30 minutes.

The blueberry cheesecake layer.
Add blueberries to the mixture currently in the blender and mix.
Spread the blueberry layer on top of the lime layer. 
Decorate with blueberries and lime zest!
Put in the freezer for a further 3 hours, and then the fridge for about 2 hours.

Ready to serve. 
I forgot to take pictures while making mine, however, my friend has one of just a slice. She needs to send it to me, and then I'll share with you.

I made this from a recipe from prettypies.com and have now shared it with you in my own words!

Comments

  1. It sounds good (except for the dates). I wonder if craisins would be a good substitute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if u dont like dates - u dont taste them that much. if u r allergic then yes i think raisins would work but the base might b a little more crumbly. thanks for reading my post :)

      Delete
  2. Cooking is an art. Especially baking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Smell It?

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy