I read a lot...

Two theatre-mad, self-invented
fabulositon Ohio teenagers.
One boy, one girl.
One gay, one straight.
One black, one white.
And SUMMER DRAMA CAMP.
It's a season of hormones,
gold lame,
hissy fits,
jazz hands,
song and dance,
true love,
and unitards
that will determine their future
--and test their friendship.

So, in case you didn't know, We Were Liars by E Lockhart is one of the best books in the world. So when I see a book by the author of that magic in a charity shop... I buy it, obviously.
That, in case you hadn't picked up, is how I found Dramarama! Being a fan of acting myself, it gave me some insight into the world of fame. 
Although not half as good as We Were Liars (Not much is...), this book was pretty good, the characters are unique, as is the writing. My favourite bits were the bits on tape, they were funny...
I loved the style of this, how light-hearted it could be, how much insight you could gain on her feeling without her straight out telling you, I liked the plot, no matter how different it was from the books I normally read. 
A favourite character is hard to pick but it probably would be Sayde, as she tells it.

I loved how this book could make me angry, disappointed, frustrated, happy. That's E Lockhart for you...

"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you..."

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated - by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ?
RAINBOW ROWELL!!! *applause* Another masterpiece from this wonder-spinning author. I think Attachments is aimed at a slightly older crowd, as the characters aren't teens like the other RR books I have read. Nevertheless, I love this book. I love Rainbow's ability to make you completely lose yourself in the story. But not just the plot. While those are great, what really makes Rainbow so amazing is her characters. They're 3D, 4D. You feel what they feel, you want what they want and you never want to let them go.
Unique style, characters, wit and heart, Rainbow Rowell captivated me with another of her beautiful books! Becuase I review books, I have to have a bit of critical feedback, so I'll say, a few of the bits with Lincoln were a little slow, but that's probably just my impatience. I didn't like it as much as some of her other book, but I'd definitely recommend it to everyone out there who likes contemporary fiction with heart and soul.


Although this is a prequel, not a sequel, I'm not going to put the description. Another Sarah J Maas, miracle, The Assassin's Blade is a collection of five novella's which take place before and up to the events of Throne of Glass. I read this a little late, after Empire of Storms, but luckily before Tower of Dawn else, everything wouldn't have made so much sense in Tower of Dawn! I would recommend reading it after Crown of Midnight, as that is when I think Sarah J Maas wrote it, so readers following Celaena right from the beginning would have read it that order. I caught on to the series later on...
So, I'm not going to say all the amazing things about how well written this book was because it is Sarah J Maas and she is too amazing for words.






Comments

  1. Um, how did I never know that Dramarama existed??? That book looks like it was made specifically for me. I need more books about theatre in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really funny, happy-go-lucky book with some hidden depth...I'd definitely recommend!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Smell It?

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy