Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

Review: Everything, Everything by Nicola YoonHi again! Sorry, it's been a while. I was half way through a really thick book, but then I picked up Everything, Everything and I read it instead, I finished it yesterday, but I've been too busy to blog it until now!                                                              Everything, Everything is about a girl named Madeline who is allergic to the world. Stepping outside could kill her. She hasn't had the company of anyone but her mom, her nurse, and the occasional tutor, but then some a family move next door. And Maddy meets Olly.                                                 Maddy falls in love with him, and she is willing to risk everything, everything to be with him.           This is a really great book, and I look forward to watching the movie, starring Amandla Stenburg as Maddy and Nick Robinson as Olly.                             This book is great if you like a bit of heartache.        It is a great teen romance and coming of age story.I know everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I wish I knew what that reason was. My favourite character was Maddy, who tells the story. It would be really hard to have SCID like her, but she handles it quite well. I also loved Carla, her nurse, and of course Olly, though he was a bit annoying sometimes. I like the way the book is set out.What would you miss most about the world if you had SCID? I think I would miss having friends, because I have a couple of really close friends who I couldn't live without. I would also miss, of course, the world in general. I think what is really sad is that Maddy has never actually experienced the world, so she doesn't even know what it's like, or what she is missing.At the end there was a big suprise, which I really wasn't expecting. Obviously if I was Maddy, i would feel happy about it, but it must have been so hard to have such a big change, and also her mum......     (Trying so hard not to give any spoilers....)

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Smell It?

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy