A month of re-reading - April Wrap Up

So. Books... Um... 
This April, I've barely been reading.
Awful, I know.
So, I haven't been able to make any trips to the library and the books I ordered to my local one haven't come anyway.
I was despairing. 
And then I'm like; You stupid girl, why did you spend money buying your favourite books, huh, when you'd ALREADY READ THEM? TO RE READ THEM!!! So I've been re-reading, some thourougly, some just my favourite scenes. I've been re-reading Throne of Glass, The Fault in Our Stars, The Siren and a couple others on my shelf.

I have read a couple books for the first time this month, obviously. I started the book for Pretty Little Liars 'cause me and my friend are slowly watching the series together, but the writing wasn't that good and I pretty much knew what was going to happen. I know a lot of people say the later ones are better but I'm not bothered. I had a long coach journey so managed an extra 2 than I would have...
So here are the books I did read;

I love E. Lockhart. The first book I read by her was We Were Liars, which remains one of the best books I've ever read and my favourite by her. Apart from this one and WWL, I have read two books by her. Her amazing writing doesn't change but the plots of those two weren't so my style, though I enjoyed them.
This wasn't nearly as good as WWL but I loved it. It's unique.
A highschool.
A crush.
But this isn't your ordinary high school story...

Frankie Landau-Banks at age 14: Debate Club. Her father's "bunny rabbit." A mildly geeky girl attending a highly competitive boarding school. 

Frankie Landau-Banks at age 15: A knockout figure. A sharp tongue. A chip on her shoulder. And a gorgeous new senior boyfriend: the supremely goofy, word-obsessed Matthew Livingston. 

Frankie Landau-Banks. No longer the kind of girl to take "no" for an answer. Especially when "no" means she's excluded from her boyfriend's all-male secret society. Not when her ex-boyfriend shows up in the strangest of places. Not when she knows she's smarter than any of them. When she knows Matthew's lying to her. And when there are so many, many pranks to be done. 

Frankie Landau-Banks, at age 16: Possibly a criminal mastermind. 

This is the story of how she got that way.


I'm not going to go into a detailed review of this book because it's hard to find fault in E. Lockhart. So I'll leave this more as an I read than a review.

I feel like I'm getting quite tired of these short reviews. Some books, I just want to say; I read this. Others I want to tell you guys all about. I think I will eventually give up on this blog if I continue mindlessly reviewing and receiving no credit.
So here are the other two books I read;




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Smell It?

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy