February Wrap-Up

Hello! I have decided to end each month with a wrap-up of books I read and etc! Fun! So, because I have already reviewed some of the books I read this month, I won't review them again but just show the cover!!!




Image result for The demon kingcoverImage result for fire Cashore coverImage result for and i darken coverImage result for wires and nerve cover
Read my reviews on these books here.

Image result for blood red road cover


Image result for sisters red cover




and the reviews of these two here.
Image result for all the bright places cover
And the review of this amazing book featuring my BFF, here.
5 stars! This book is the second in the amazing A Court Of Thorns And Roses series by Sarah J Maas. I love these books loads and would completely recommend them to all lovers of YA high fantasy. However, these definitely aren't suitable for younger readers!



Though I enjoyed this book, It wasn't nearly as good as the other series this author wrote, The Lunar Chronicles. I'd say my favourite character was Honey! She was just cool, OK?     Secret Identities. Extraordinary Powers. She wants vengeance. He wants justice.

The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies — humans with extraordinary abilities — who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone... except the villains they once overthrew.

Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice — and in Nova. But Nova's allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.

This book was nothing short of amazing! It was unlike any book I've read before. Though I do read contemporary often, it's always romance and stuff. But this was amazing. My favourite character was Starr, but I really liked all these funny, beautiful people. (except the evil ones)!                                                              Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighbourhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed.
Soon afterwards, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil's name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr.
But what Starr does or does not say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life.

I don't read that many graphic novels, but each time I do I ask myself why I don't read more. Nimona was no different. It's heartfelt and funny and a great read. I loved all the characters in this strange take on a superhero story! 
Nemeses! Dragons! Science! Symbolism! All these and more await in this brilliantly subversive, sharply irreverent epic from Noelle Stevenson. Featuring an exclusive epilogue not seen in the webcomic, along with bonus conceptual sketches and revised pages throughout, this gorgeous full-colour graphic novel is perfect for the legions of fans of the webcomic and is sure to win Noelle many new ones.
Nimona is an impulsive young shapeshifter with a knack for villainy. Lord Ballister Blackheart is a villain with a vendetta. As sidekick and supervillain, Nimona and Lord Blackheart are about to wreak some serious havoc. Their mission: prove to the kingdom that Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin and his buddies at the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics aren't the heroes everyone thinks they are.
But as small acts of mischief escalate into a vicious battle, Lord Blackheart realizes that Nimona's powers are as murky and mysterious as her past. And her unpredictable wild side might be more dangerous than he is willing to admit. 


The third book in the aforementioned A Court of Thorns and Roses series, A Court of Wings and Ruin finished off the trilogy with a beautiful flourish. Everything ended happily ever after. 
I lied. 
I may cry if we have to talk about what happened. I'm not even joking. This series is breathtaking. Again, not suitable for younger readers. But seriously. These books are some of the best I have ever read.







Comments

  1. Wow, you read a ton!! Nimona is adorable and remains one of my favorite graphic novels ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm home educated, and most of the time when I should be writing my book or actually learning something I'm just curled in bed with a book. Yes, I read it after seeing it on your favourite books list. I also have All Our Yesterdays to read after Empire of Storms (a few chapters left and I'm so worried) , Still Me by Jojo Moyes, and Everyday by David Levithan, a book my book group is reading and I may or may not re-read!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Smell It?

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy