All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven book review feat. My BFF!

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - a double book review!


My Parabatai, Rachel introduced me to this amazing book, and so I decided - why not review it together? I hope you enjoy this post and comment if you want to see more like this!
Before we can continue, I need to warn you. There may be spoilers. If you want to read this book, bookmark this web page, go read it and come back!
Rachel just wants to say; she's really bad at this. 
I just want to say; she's not!
One last thing - neither of us knew what the other one had said when we answered the questions so if our answers are similar it is just coincidence and our Parabatai bond!

Who was your favourite character?
Sasha AKA Book Maniac; That's like asking me who my favourite child is. The two main characters are both amazing and unique. I'm going to have to go with Finch. But wait, I loved Violet so much...
Rachel; Theodore Finch

How good on a scale of one to ten?
Sasha; 9.9 recurring
Rachel; 9

Describe this book in three words...
Sasha; Beautiful. Unique. Heart-breaking.
Rachel; Beautiful. Painful. Remarkey-able

Favourite quote?
Sasha; So not today - because she smiled at me.

Rachel; You make me love you and that may be the greatest thing my heart was ever fit to do you make me lovely and its so lovely to be lovely to the one I love.

At the suicide support group, the members are asked to fill in the blanks; ...... is life.  Your turn.
Sasha; Pretending is life.
Rachel; Illusion is life.

Which of the places Violet and Finch go wandering would you go to if you could only choose one?
Sasha; The Bookmobile Park! But I would be sad to miss out on the others.
Rachel; The Blue Hole.

Would you want to be part of Germ? If so, what would you write about?
Sasha; I'd love to be part of Germ. I'd want to write about life in general, being yourself, and do book reviews, poetry and stuff about writing! 
Rachel; I wouldn't want to be part of Germ because I wouldn't know what to write and I'd be scared I might ruin the magazine.

Would you want there to be a sequel?
Sasha; No. I loved this book, but I think it's perfect as a stand-alone. I would read a sequel if there was one, but I wouldn't push the author to write one.
Rachel; I wouldn't want there to be a sequel because it would just be Violet getting on with her life without Finch

What song makes you think of this book, or what song do you think of when you see this book?

Recommended read if you liked this...
Sasha; Well, all the critiques say The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I have to agree, and I'd like to add Mosquitoland by David Arnold and We Were Liars by E. Lockheart. Nothing is like All The Bright Places, but all of these books were really good.
Rachel;  I would recommend Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and Holding Up The Universe, also by Jennifer Niven. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Smell It?

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy