The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


You're a wallflower, Charlie, You see things. You keep quite about them. You understand.


A while ago I watched the movie for this book. (Not knowing there was a book! Never watch a movie before you read the book!!) I really like it, so of course I ordered the book when I found out there was one!!
This book is strange, but I really liked it.
Charlie is a wallflower, sitting and watching from the edge, but now he's starting high school. There he meets hilarious "Nothing" And irresistible Sam, and they become friends. But still he watches as they have their hearts broken, watches as they dance, never dreaming of dancing himself, until one day it occurs to him that he should take a look at what life looks like when you "Participate"!
My favourite character was Sam, played by Emma Watson in the movie. She's funny and great. It's a really sad book and hard to read at times. Sometimes I just want to go smack Charlie and be like "No! DON'T DO THAT." He has gone through a lot though. More than he thought......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Smell It?

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy