Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine

A few weeks ago I went to a bookclub. It was the first one (they are now monthly) and this was the book we were given to read.
The Mile Long Bookshelf: Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine
At my father's funeral, after everything, I lit a great big fire in his honour.
It's about a girl called Iris who is a pyromaniac.
One day her millionaire dad, who left her and her mother when Iris was four, gets in touch, saying he is dying and wants to see Iris again. In hopes of getting money in his will, Iris's mother drags Iris with her to see him.
But Ernest is different to her mother's discriptions, and when Iris meets her father, she wishes she had more time with him. But everyone is keeping secrets, and Iris has lost her best friend, Thurston, the only person she could trust.
I just finished this book this morning and I really liked Iris, and I didn't think she was crazy at all. At the beginning the book wasn't so good, but it got much better. My favourite character was DEFINETLY Thurston, who is really funny.
This probably isn't a book I would have read, if not for the book club, but I'm glad I did read it. It was good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Smell It?

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy