Can You Smell It?

March Prompt - Favourite Scent.

I've got to say, I don't really notice the smells around me - except the food ones -. Still, our noses are amazing things. Everything has its own individual scent.
I don't have a favourite, but I'm going to share with you some of the ones I like. See if you can conjure up the scents I love without it being around you. I won't include food, or my list will go on forever.
Our noses can remember 50,000 scents. Do you remember the same one I do?





Image result for snowI'm going to start with snow. You don't always notice, but snow has a rather delicious smell. Like wind and flowers and cold.
I wouldn't recommend sticking your head out the window and smelling it for long though, your nose might freeze off.
We recently had the first snow settling this year! It doesn't happen a lot down in the valleys of south-west England. Up on the moors near us though, It snows much more.


Image result for books
Another smell I adore is that of books. Old and new, large and small, as long as they don't have leather covers! But books don't have a smell, you say. Of course, they do. Pick up the one you're reading and have a sniff. I'd recommend smelling ones you own because so many hands touch library books they don't keep that same smell. Brand new books don't smell as good as your favourite book that you've read so very many times though. Books smell like home.

Image result for messy living room
You know how all houses smell different, but you can never smell your own? Well, I love the smell of my best friend's houses. Not in a pervy way, they just remind me of good times. 
Image result for felt tipsThe friends I speak of have that smell too. I wonder what my house smells like to outsiders.





Am I slightly weird if I like the smell of felt-tips and sharpies? Though they smell a bit alcoholic, they also smell of writing and ink stains and happiness. They smell of colour and life and quotes. They smell loovly!

The last one is the smell of hugs. They do have a smell BTW, and it's nice. Try to smell it next time you hug someone, and don't forget to comment what your favourite smells are!

Comments

  1. Great post! I do like the smell of felt-tips, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of snow. It's so clean and crisp!

    I like the smell of sharpies too.

    http://www.fwiwreviews.net/2018/03/the-friday-five-scents.html#.Wr5TI4jwYuU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you for reading. I like your post too.

      Delete
  3. Yes snow, Sharpies, and I loved the smell of my grandmother's house. Good picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss I agree with all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the smell of books. They remind me of my grandmother's house. She had a very large built in bookshelf that took up an entire wall in her living room. The books there were very old and had a certain smell about them. I love that smell still today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. I want a built in bookshelf that takes up an entire wall!!!

      Delete
  6. I like the smell of sharpies and felt tip pens too and I totally get what you mean about the smells of other people's houses and wondering what your own smells like to others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow does smell good. And there's nothing as wonderful as the smell of a room filled with old books. Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy