Winter Poems

Image result for winterWinter
I have always associated Winter with Christmas, but that is just the beginning of this season. Winter is the best because you have the perfect excuse to stay inside and watch Netflix - "It's cold..." "It's raining..." "I've got the sniffles..."
I like writing, as you may know, and so I have decided to share a few of my Winter poems with you. They aren't very good, but I hope you like them anyways;

Snow
Soft
A long memory,
Gone with the wind,
Laughter,
He still remembers
As snow flies
I laugh
But don't treasure
This moment as I should.

Acrostic poems

In the dead of the night, so
Cold, hold me tight, beloved
Enemy.

We are all just snowflakes, tossed by the wind. Never given a choice. Hearts harden to
Icicles, swore our revenge as we settled,
Nearly melting, but holding firm as they
Throw as around. We are so small and insignificant as
Everyone ignores us but maybe this is for the best. We are all just drops of
Rain.


Ice cold
A layer of frost
Lay over my heart this morning
Looked out the window
It snowed last night
Inside and out
They rush outside but I sit
Frozen,
Ice cold
My memories keep me
Company in their twisted way,
They remind me.

Frozen
Frozen,
Hidden by all this snow
Buried,
They put me here
Trapped,
In a glass castle
All Alone,
I am frozen.

Survivor
We've been cooped up
All Winter
Watching the snow fall
Outside the
Window
Now I finally 
Leave this prison
The ground is bare 
Outside.
Frost layers
Every dead plant
All ruined
By Winter's dark hand
Cool breath.
But one flower,
Holds on,
In a remote corner,
All alone,
It survived. 
It made it through the worst.
I can't help wanting to be
Just
Like 
That
Flower.



  What I read this week!

I picked up this book in my local library when I saw it was by E. Lockheart. It's good. It's funny and girly and a great read. Three girls set out on a road trip to "discover their true badass selves", along the way they meet Old Joe, Marco, and Waffle along with many other characters.

This book switches point of view between the three girls. It's interesting and I sometimes forgot who was talking but nevertheless I loved this approach. They all have such different opinions and ways of talking...





Image result for glass sword
I recently finished Glass Sword, the second Red Queen novel. I love this sci-fi fantasy series! My favourite character is Mare, but I love Farley and Shade too, along with many other characters. This book has a few surprising plot twists and I won't tell you more in case it spoils Red Queen.
Image result for glass swordImage result for glass sword




Image result for rosario and vampire book cover season 1I read the second series of this manga comic at a friends a while ago, and then she picked up the first two books in the first series, so I read them too. This series is a little dirty, but funny none the less. It features Tsukene Aono, a human sent to a monster school. When he finds out the true identity of Yokai Academy, he wants to leave, but something keeps him there. A beautiful girl who adores him, oh, and she loves to suck his blood...
Image result for rosario and vampire











Comments

  1. I loved reading your poems and I think they are quite good. Thanks so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's really kind. You're welcome! :)
      Are you, by any chance, taking part in the Blog All About It challenge by Herding Cats and Burning Soup?
      If not, I would love to know how you found my blog!
      Thank you again for reading!

      Delete
  2. Very clever! I loved 'Survivor'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Can I ask how you found my blog? I hope you continue reading it!

      PS do you have a blog?

      Delete
  3. Love your poems! Especially Frozen and Acrostic Poems.

    http://www.fwiwreviews.net/2018/01/blog-all-about-it-winter.html#.WnHlTqinEuU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen.
      I like your blog post too!
      I hope you enjoy my blog!

      Delete
  4. Love them! I nearly did some winter poems myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What did you end up doing? link it here!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! What did you end up doing? link it here!

      Delete
  5. I love the Red Queen series!
    Those are great poems. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is so good. I haven't actually read the third one. Waiting for the library to get a copy in for me, as I ordered one!
      Thanks, I'm really glad you liked them!

      Delete
  6. I really like your winter poems! Especially Survivor.

    I haven't read Aveyard's books yet, but they are on my to read list, so someday. :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I'm sure you'll love them!
      Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  7. I think they're rather good! The first one...yes. So true.

    Thanks for joining in on the Jan prompt!
    http://www.herdingcats-burningsoup.com/search/label/blog%20all%20about%20it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The first one is about a Christmas a few years ago, the last proper snow I remember, and my Granddad, who now suffers from dementia.
      Thank you for hosting it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Smell It?

3 Books with the Word RED in the Title

Review Policy